Saturday, May 29, 2010

5/29/10

The Mindmusic of Merlin Hitler
By Johannes Mathey


The wand feels clumsy in my hands. I take it anyway, ignore the tingle as the magic reacts to my touch. “Here.” The magician presses a worn cassette tape into my hands. “You must hurry! There isn’t much time!” I know. I’ve seen the way the future spins. I look at the tape’s faded label. The Mindmusic of Merlin Hitler. The antique radio is close at hand, its guts spread across the counter. One final thought enters my mind before I act.

It begins.


- - -
Winner of a poetry competition in his hometown of Fernley, Mathey has always tried to obtain the skill of the great poets through the cunning use of prose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment







- - -



Help keep Yesteryear Fiction alive! Visit our sponsors! :)



- - -

Blog Archive